Pewter Flasks with a Celtic Irish Flair
By David T Hernandez
In my family we believe in two things: celebrating everything, and giving great gifts. That being said, many of our gifts are on a shoestring budget, and include homemade, thrift shops and creative re-gifting. But when we hit a major life milestone, like weddings, graduations, birthdays, etcetera, we really try to give something that is both meaningful and heartfelt.
Heritage, Tradition and Keepsakes
For my youngest sister's wedding last year, she found one of the best gifts imaginable for the bridesmaids and groomsmen in her wedding. She and her husband discovered beautiful pewter flasks decorated with the classic Celtic knot work known as Icovellavna. These were perfect because the flasks for the men were sturdy, handsome and practical. The same flasks for ladies were elegant, unique and imbued with the tradition of an ancient land.
While our family is Irish, not everyone in the wedding party was. For the Irish members of the party the Celtic pewter flasks represent heritage and tradition. For other friends the beautiful flasks are a remembrance of their part in this special occasion, and a great way for my sister to say thank you.
Distinguished and Eclectic
My favorite things about my Celtic flask (yes I was a bridesmaid), are that it is something I would never have though of buying myself, it has an elegance that I associate with a simpler time, and it is something that you don't see everyday. I keep my pewter flask on a display shelf in my living room, unless I take it with me when we go to bonfires at my Uncle's house. I'm not a big drinker, but I like the solid feel of the pewter in my hand, and the warm burn of Uncle Matt's "Adult Cider" on my throat when sitting outside on cold upstate New York Fall Nights.
I think that an Irish pewter flask like mine is a great gift idea for anyone who has an affinity for Ireland, the beauty of the Icovellavna, or an appreciation of something unique and unexpected. A distinguished flask can convey tradition and quality. The fact that most people don't own or carry flasks anymore makes it a signature gift for those with more eclectic tastes as well. The dramatic impact of the detailed Irish knot work on a sturdy pewter flask is why this gift stands apart, and gives my family another reason to celebrate.
http://www.cellphoneflasks.com offers celtic pewter flasks and other types of english pewter flasks that make wonderful gifts for your loved ones.
0 comments:
Post a Comment